- Configuring the network: My laptop has to use a DHCP-based network in my office. Sify requires that I use a static IP address. I have added a virtual network interface to the computer by adding these lines to my
When I am at home, I activate this network settings on
iface sify inet static address 10.15.66.107 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 10.15.66.1 dns-nameservers 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199
$ sudo ifdown eth0 $ sudo ifup eth0=sify
- Signing into Sify network:
$ sify.py i
- Signing out of Sify:
$ sify.py o
- Python 2.4
- BeautifulSoup (Python XML parser library)
.sifyfile and specify your username, password, IP address etc. Then run
sify.pyto login or logout. Fine Print
- I developed and tested this on a Kubuntu Dapper machine. It works fine for my usage; but I cannot guarantee that this will work for you. I don't provide any warranty of any sort.
- This script is released under GPL V2. Feel free to change and/or redistribute.