- You think too much, that is your trouble. Clever people and grocers, they weigh everything.
- "Well, Zorba, God bless." "And... the devil, too, boss."
- "I don't want any trouble." "Boss, life is trouble, only death is not. To be alive is to undo your belt and look for trouble."
- God has a very big heart... but there is one sin he will not forgive: if a woman calls a man to her bed, and he will not go.
- I have done things for my country, that would make your hair stand. I have killed, burned villages, raped women. And why? Because they were Turks or Bulgarians! That's the rotten damn fool I was. Now I look at a man, any man, and I say he is good, he is bad. What do I care if he's Greek or Turk? As I get older, I swear by the bread I eat, I even stop asking that. Good or bad? What is the difference? We all end up the same way: food for worms.
- PS: I forgot to tell you. Her name is Lola.
- I spit on their agony. (This one is my all-time favourite.)
- "You've got everything, except one thing: madness. A man needs a little madness, or else..." "Or else?" "he never dares to cut the rope and be free."
March 06, 2011
First time I ever heard the name Zorba was from Osho. There's a book in his name with the title Zorba the Buddha. I searched the web to find out who Zorba was and I found out the book, and the movie. This was all a few years ago. I saw the movie once then and liked it. Today I thought I'd watch it again, and here's a collection of some dialogues I liked:
March 05, 2011
March 04, 2011
Yes, I said I want a free tablet. If I am only wishing, I'd rather wish a detailed wish ;) I want a tablet that:
- has cellular data connectivity
- has an LED screen, preferably something like a retina display
- has a screen with matte finish (original iPad doesn't make the cut; not sure if iPad 2 does)
- has a reasonably big screen (7-inch screens don't make the cut)
- blends well with my online life, IOW, integrates well with Google services (i.e. runs Android)
- lets me read and write Tamil (Android, as of version 3.0, doesn't make the cut)
- is lightweight (Xoom doesn't make the cut)
- has a really good battery life (10 hours usage time sounds pretty good)
- has a scratch resistant screen (gorilla glass, e.g.)