Certain things surprised me when I found them out for the first time.
- I used to enjoy being miserable. Only wanting to not be miserable was sufficient to start being happy.
- It takes effort to relax. By default we’re stressed both physically and mentally. (It takes awareness, to be precise. But for many, awareness requires effort.)
- Often, not yielding to peer pressure and following your instinct is the right thing to do. But it takes courage to follow your instincts especially your belief contradicts popular beliefs.
- Accepting misery is a path to joy.
- Even after so much change, I still haven’t accepted myself just as what I am.
- I have become, or I am doing, everything I used to hate in the past. Yet, it’s not all that bad.