It's been two and a half months since I moved to Sydney. Life in Sydney is pretty good. But of course, there are things that I miss:
- Lunch time, random coffee breaks, random dine outs, etc. with Ajay. Now, if I am bored I cannot walk over to his desk for a random chat or go with him to get something chocolaty to eat. The fact that he and I share similar taste in several things make our conversations lively. I miss all those conversations and occasional silent lunches with him.
- Tea breaks and occasional lunch with Jhinuk. We have different philosophies, our views of life are very different. Yet, we get along very well. She's one of the few people I respect a lot.
- After he moved to Bangalore, I don't get to meet Bharat often. But when we do meet, it's always a pleasant experience. He is the only one who understands my unclear frenzied ramblings. He is the one I ask when I have any science question. He is the one I have gone for aimless walks with. Only when I think about him now I realise how rich our years together have been.
- Rice and dal. And parathas. And coconut chutney.
- The freedom of having my own transportation. I realise that I am not the kind that can use public transport for travelling. Should buy a bike soon... maybe next year.