I travel primarily for one reason: travelling lets me look into myself. Some random thoughts from a recent 3 days long road trip:
- I have always wanted to die in a road accident. During this trip I could think of a (possibly stupid) reason. Wide open roads are like gods: admirable, having a character, and fear-inspiring. Dying in a road accident is, in a way, like surrendering to the roads.
- Travelling in a car is a lot more tiring than travelling on a bike.
- Being on the road alone makes me happy. Third day of the trip was the happiest because I drove for about 750km. Time spent on “touristy things” don’t add up to so much.
- I really, really, really want to do a 6 to 8 weeks trip covering the full length of Australia Highway 1.
- During the trip, I easily slept for 8 hours every night. That’s the “normal” amount of sleep I used to get. But increased computer time has shrunk it to 6 hours on average, which makes me :(
PS: I took some sloppy pictures too.